Thursday, October 18, 2012

Blog #4


 

From my observations, the teachers accomplish assessments by numeral means. During my classroom service time, among the assessment applications I have observed are Pre-tests, Criterion referenced tests, Explicit and Null curriculum and lastly the summative method for assessment.  Placement, pre-test and summative assessments seem to remain similar to education methods used when I was in elementary. I think they’re precisely habitual and render valid, reliable and progressive results.

 I have not witnessed much authentic assessment application in comparison to implicit and null curriculum. I left out the explicit curriculum comparison because, I haven’t seen the teachers use a tangible outline or plan for their instruction (except in the resource room, they are extremely methodical and organized). It’s interesting, these concepts just brought up another thought or tangent in my mind…there’s multiple ways to assesses the students learning and comprehension level for further classroom educational progression, but what assess the teachers skills of efficient teaching? Oh, an answer came to me as I asked myself the question…likely that would reflect in the students’ performances on their assessments.  I ask that question, because I see the teacher’s “improvising” often (which sometimes leads them astray), which I completely understand, but where’s the organized back-up plan or plan B? Their instruction just doesn’t seem as organized or tangibly planned out as I see it in my mind to be…

No comments:

Post a Comment