Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bog #5


Oh man! I think the most challenging role for sure is creating a vivacious balance of all the demands of being a great teacher. One needs to indeed be knowledgeable, have an infinite hunger for expanding your knowledge, and be present! It’s difficult for me to express one answer, I feel there are many answers to each question and each question goes hand-in-hand with one another. I sense the most important roles will always be the most challenging. But even within that assumption, I get excited. As if there’s a burning fire deep within that ignites the drive to tackle the challenges of teaching.
I really can’t choose one role as the most important or most challenging, however I could discuss practicing presence as the main role equally challenging. As a teacher, presence allows you to actively respond to the students, and the classroom environment. But to ultimately practice teaching in presence, you must be prepared. Prepared for the daily lessons and prepared for the Plan B’s, this way you can effectively flow with the progression of the day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment